[Document] Use of Second-Generation Antipsychotics in Bipolar Disorder: A Practical Guide
This practical guide is an update on the use of second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) for the treatment of bipolar disorder. It reviews uses in bipolar depression, mania and maintenance treatment.
The focus is on FDA-approved indications, off-label uses are not discussed in this guide.
- Use in bipolar depression
- Use in mania and mixed episodes
- Intramuscular agents used for agitation
- SGAs approved for use in children and adolescents
- Use in maintenance treatment